You might have run into the favorite Cabbage Soup Diet. This fast weight loss program ‘s been around since 1980’s. This program claims that the even more cabbage soup you consider, the more weight you will lose. In fact , some followers had seen drastic weight loss of about 10 pounds in just 7 days. The cabbage soup diet is a short term diet plan. It should not be used as a long term weight loss solutions. The dietary plan, although is a minimal in calorie and saturated in fiber, is not balanced nutritionally. The lacks important minerals and vitamins suggested that you need to be ready for supplements if you are on the diet.
The cabbage soup diet program runs for seven days. You can eat as very much cabbage soup as you prefer during this period. For every of the seven days of the diet you eat specific foods such as fruits, vegetables, meat, rice, and other foods. No pastries and sweets are allowed during the week. Following is an example of the 7 day menu:
Day time 1 – Homemade cabbage soup and any fruit ( no bananas).
Day time 2 – Homemade cabbage soup, veggie and baked potato with butter for supper.
Day time 3 – Homemade cabbage soup, vegetables and fruits.
Day time 4 – Homemade cabbage soup, fat-free milk or more to 6 bananas.
Day time 5 – Homemade cabbage soup, 450 grams of fish or meat or more to 6 tomatoes.
Day time 6 – Homemade cabbage soup, vegetables and meats (beef).
Day time 7 – Homemade cabbage soup, brown rice, pure juice, and vegetables.
Here’s a classic example of the homemade cabbage soup recipes.
– 1/2 of a cabbage head
– 6 softball size green onions
– 1 celery bunch
– 1 pack “Lipton soup mix”
– 1 to 2 2 tomatoes
– 3 standard size of carrots
– 10 ounce can of mushrooms
– 2 large green bell peppers
– 2 bouillon cubes (optional)
– Herbs, salt and pepper, parsley and garlic powder for added flavor
Points To Remember:
1 . Choose organically grown vegetables in your recipe.
2 . Grown vegetables may involve some symptoms of worms or bugs organically, soak them in vinegar drinking water or salt drinking water for 15-20 minutes.
3. Use stainless knife for slicing the cabbage because the phytonutrients that cabbage includes react with carbon metal, turning the leaves black.
4. It is recommended that cabbage is sliced or chopped and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes before cooking to facilitate the production of the most glucosinolates.
Cabbage Soup Preparation:
1 . Chop the green onions. Place the sliced onions in a saucepan and sauté the onions adding a little bit of cooking oil spray.
2 . Take out the membrane and seeds of the green peppers. Chop the green peppers into little bite sized cube, toss them into the saucepan with the sautéed onions together.
3. Peel and slice the cabbage leaves into parts approximately the same size as the peppers, add them to continue sautéing.
4. Wash and clean the carrots. Chop them before adding to the saucepan.
5. Cut the mushrooms in halves or thirds before throwing them in to the saucepan.
6. Add cayenne pepper or a little bit of curry powder to the brew to give it a little kick. That is, in case you are wanted by you soup to become a little spicy.
7. The bullion cubes can be utilized to add taste to the dish. If you do decide to add this to your cooking food, it eliminates the necessity for additional salt.
8. Add about 12 cups of water in to the pot. Lower heat and allow soup simmer. A two hour period is recommended to make the soup most effective. Add additional salt and pepper for taste.