Green tea is definitely a beverage that’s created by boiling the leaves of a Camellia Sinensis plant in a few water. Green tea is a pale green usually, brown or yellowish color and includes a slight bitter taste. This taste could be altered with the addition of sweeteners like honey or adding in fruit like lemon. Green tea extract provides many health advantages since it is loaded filled with antioxidants. To find the best utilization of these antioxidants you have to take caution whenever choosing a green tea extract. There are always a bunch of green tea extract brands away there packed with pesticides and GMOs.
When choosing a brand of green tea there are a few rules you should follow to make sure you are getting the healthiest are the market.
1. Read Ingredient labels- Always read the ingredient labels to avoid genetically modified organisms or GMOs. The most famous ingredients created by GMOs are lecithin and corn starch soy. Other elements you need to avoid are natural colors and artificial flavorings. The word natural might sound safe because it makes you think it’s an ingredient that can easily be found in nature and isn’t modified. This isn’t the case though in fact a “natural” ingredient is only derived from natural sources that are modified or enhanced and then added back into a food or drink.
2. Pick Organic- The reason why you want to pick an organic green tea is because non organic tea is made from synthetic fertilizers, and filled with pesticides and herbicides. Pesticides are really dangerous for your body since it causes a boat load of health issues such as for example birth defects. The pesticides also reduce the standard of the tea since it is designed to produce even more tea than what would organic grow. This implies when you select natural and organic the tea will taste better probably.
3. Avoid sweetened or bottled green teas – This tips dates back to the initial one. Most of the already brewed bottled teas are filled with ingredients that you ought not to be digesting. This consists of GMOs, artificial flavorings and artificial sweeteners such as for example aspartame. Aspartame is said to raise the risk of cancer and cause obesity. Not only that, these bottled teas will be higher in unneeded calories.
4. Pay special attention to packaging – When buying a Green Tea is important to look at the packaging. In fact, it’s better to avoid packaging all together and brew teas using toxic-free tea makers. Tea bags are either made from paper or plastic and those have a lot of chemicals. When adding these tea bags to a pot of boiling water, these chemicals are then leaked throughout your tea.
5. Choose loose leaf green tea – The best option is definitely to buy loose leaf green tea. Loose leaf green tea produces the highest amount of antioxidants compared to other packaged teas. Loose leaf green tea extract also produces the best quality of flavors and you shall avoid added ingredients.
In the final end, you intend to have the ability to reap all of the benefits associated with green tea extract. The high antioxidants in green tea extract fights off bacteria’s, increases the disease fighting capability, lowers your threat of cardiovascular disease therefore a lot more! Don’t ruin this by buying non organically grown teas that are ridden with pesticides, GMOs and artificial sweeteners by following rules above.