How to make slime with baking soda?
Topic: how to make slime with baking soda?
Do you have any idea what slime is? If you don’t know, I’ll explain it here. This is a soft, viscous material, similar to modeling clay, that has multiple uses today.
It was originally created by the Mattel company , using guar gum as the main ingredient. However, today it is manufactured by different companies, each with its different style and added materials.
Besides, you can also create your own slime at home . For this you are going to use common materials such as white glue and baking soda.
You also have the option of adding colorants, flavorings, detergents, cornstarch, among other decorative elements. It all depends on the recipe you follow.
How to make slime with baking soda and white glue step by step?
If you want to create your own slime at home and have a different time, here is the elaboration for you to get to work:
You will need to
- White glue
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Food coloring
For the elaboration
- Scoop the white glue into a bowl or container, saving some of the glue for later.
- Add the coloring of your preference, a few drops will be enough.
- Mix the two ingredients until they are well integrated and you get the desired color. If you are looking for a stronger color you can add more coloring.
- Add the baking soda powder little by little and mix to integrate the ingredients. You must mix continuously until the dough separates from the container, it will have a sandy texture.
- It is time to remove the excess water, for this, use your hands and squeeze the dough hard until it drains.
- Place the dough in the bowl and add the glue you reserved. Blend until just blended.
- Finally, knead the mixture with your hands until you get the desired result.
If you like, you can add flavorings or decorative elements such as glitter or porex balls to your slime. Everything is a matter of letting your imagination fly.
Also, if you want to make a transparent slime , you just have to substitute the white glue for the transparent glue. In turn, you have the option of adding a little eye drops or contact lens solution so that the final product has a better consistency.
You already have the necessary information to make slime with baking soda and white glue , now is the time to put it into practice and create your own relaxing toy.
Uses of slime
Currently, the slime is in full swing, being used by countless people worldwide. Although its main use is as an anti-stress toy , today it has expanded to numerous applications.
For example, if you add a little cornstarch to the original mixture, you can create your own eraser. If, on the other hand, you add powdered detergent, you get an ideal material for fixing objects to the wall.
At the same time, it allows you to create various objects such as an insole for the shoe or a homemade polish remover. Anyway, you can give your slime a wide variety of uses, you just need a little creativity.