How Much Is The HCG Diet?
HCG is a hormone found exclusively in pregnant women, and it turns out that it can help you get pregnant. In the 1950s, Dr. ATW Simeons discovered that HCG helps people lose weight by eating less without feeling hungry. He started the hCG diet, which involves dieting 500 calories per day for up to 43 days while being injected daily with hCG.
The Food and Drug Administration has not approved the use of hCG for diet (or for any reason other than fertility), but you can still get it with a prescription from your doctor. Since the insurance does not cover the hCG diet, it can get quite expensive. A visit for your initial consultation can cost you around $ 150, and then you’ll likely need to pay about $ 10 for each injection on top of that. Some diet versions also encourage the use of appetite suppressants, including daily injections of stimulants, such as phentermine. If you are going to add them to your diet, you will need to factor that into the price. Then, of course, you will have to pay for any follow-up visit. And if you’re not losing enough weight when you diet,
While there haven’t been too many reports of health issues that have developed from the hCG diet, keep in mind that following this diet will give you an increased risk of headaches, blood clots, restlessness, and depression. Additionally, hCG can give you pregnancy symptoms, such as fluid retention, breast tenderness, and swelling. And finally, hCG can also cause a condition called OHSS, or ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, potentially fatal. Keep all of these things in mind when deciding whether you want to lose weight using the hCG diet.
How Much Is The HCG Diet – How To Start HCG Diet?
What does HCG do in the body?
HCG, or human chorionic gonadotropin, is a hormone found in high levels during early pregnancy.
This hormone is used as a marker in home pregnancy tests.
HCG has also been used to treat fertility problems in both men and women.
However, high levels of HCG in the blood can also be a symptom of several types of cancer, including cancer of the placenta, ovaries, and testicles.
A doctor named Albert Simeons from Great Britain proposed HCG as a weight-loss tool in 1954.
His diet consisted of two main elements:
- An ultra-low calorie diet of around 500 calories per day.
- The hormone HCG is administered by injection.
Today, HCG products are sold in various forms, including oral drops, granules, and sprays. They are also available on countless websites and in some retail stores.
Note: HCG is a hormone produced during early pregnancy. The HCG diet uses a combination of HCG and starvation level calorie intake to achieve dramatic weight loss.
- ORGANIC GARCINIA: Advanced weight loss formula including Pure Garcinia Cambogia with 95% HCA. A natural appetite suppressant, carb blocker, & metabolism booster...
- THERMOGENIC FAT BURNER: Boosts your energy, burns calories and generates heat to help you burn belly fat faster and lose weight quickly when supplemented with...
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Unlike cheaper brands our products are Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Soy Free, Vegan & Vegetarian, GMP Certified and have NO Coloring, Flavoring, or...
- Pure, natural and safe: this all-natural garcinia cambogia supplement contains pure garcinia cambogia hca from non-gmo garcinia cambogia raw fruit
- Clinically proven as all-natural capsules for both men and women. Nutrainix garcinia cambogia regulates citrate lyase that makes you feel full for a longer...
Last update on 2021-08-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What do you eat on the HCG diet?
The HCG diet is a balanced diet that combines a low-calorie diet using a prescription drug called human chorionic gonadotropin. It was popularized in the 1950s by a London-based physician. He believes that HCG can help with weight loss and redistribute fat from the thighs and buttocks to other areas of the body.
The primary goal of this diet is to limit your daily calorie intake to 500-800 calories. This drastic calorie restriction is responsible for short-term weight loss of up to 1 pound per day.
How To Lose Weight Faster On The HCG Diet?
- Proponents of the HCG diet claim that it stimulates your metabolism and helps you lose large amounts of fat without feeling hungry.
- Various theories attempt to explain the mechanism behind HCG and weight loss.
- However, several studies report that the weight loss achieved with the HCG diet is due only to the low-calorie diet and has absolutely nothing to do with the HCG hormone.
- These studies compared the effects of HCG injections with placebo injections given to people on a low-calorie diet.
- Weight loss was found to be the same or nearly the same between the two groups.
- Furthermore, they found that the HCG hormone did not significantly reduce hunger.
How to get back on track after cheating on the HCG diet
To reach the 500 calorie mark, you can consume 200 grams of lean meat, two servings of vegetables and fruits, and two toothpicks a day.
- Water, tea, coffee, and calorie-free beverages are allowed in unlimited quantities.
- A person following this diet should drink at least 2 liters of water a day.
- Those who drink lemonade can only consume one lemon a day, depending on the diet.
- Cooking oil should not be used.
- Spices such as salt, pepper, mustard, and parsley are allowed because they do not increase the diet’s caloric content.
- Fruit servings for lunch and dinner can be eaten as snacks.
- Vitamins can be taken with this diet, but gummy vitamins or sweet vitamins with added nutrients should be avoided, in particular.
- Potassium and magnesium supplements should be taken.
- Too much makeup should be avoided, and women should avoid using flavored lipsticks and lip balms.
- The diet recommends stopping treatment every 4 to 5 days.
- These days, you should eat protein-rich foods like nuts and steak and low-calorie vegetables like spinach.
- Cooking oil is also allowed.
- Eggs are not allowed, but vegetarians can substitute whole egg whites for meat.
- The consumption of dairy products such as milk, yogurt, and bread is not recommended.
- These days, called high protein days, are recommended after losing 2 pounds.
- Protein intake prevents dieters from starving and losing muscle mass.
- You can eat fresh fish, but tuna should be avoided.
- Turkey is not recommended because it causes a feeling of fatigue and bloating.
Note: Several studies have shown that weight loss on the HCG diet is due to drastic calorie restriction. It has nothing to do with HCG, which is also ineffective in reducing hunger.
Side Effects of HCG diet
- The HCG diet limits calorie intake to around 500 calories per day for weeks, making it an extreme weight loss diet.
- Any hypocaloric diet will make you lose weight.
- However, many studies have shown that the HCG hormone has no effect on weight loss and does not reduce appetite.
- If you want to lose weight and keep it off, many useful methods are much smarter than the HCG diet.
- What are the side effects of the HCG diet?
- HCG is a protein-based hormone that is produced during pregnancy.
- What HCG essentially does is tell a woman’s body that she is pregnant.
- HCG helps maintain the production of essential hormones such as progesterone and estrogen, which are essential for developing the embryo and fetus.
- After the first three months of pregnancy, the blood levels of HCG decrease.
Note: HCG is a hormone produced in large quantities during the first three months of pregnancy. Stimulates the production of essential pregnancy hormones.
- A common side effect of weight loss is decreased muscle mass.
- This is especially common in diets that severely restrict calorie intake, such as the HCG diet.
- The body may also think that it is starving and reduce the number of calories it burns to conserve energy.
- However, proponents of the HCG diet claim that it facilitates weight loss, resulting in fat loss only, not muscle mass.
- They claim that HCG also raises other hormones, increases metabolism, and leads to a growth-promoting (anabolic) state.
- However, there are no scientific studies available to back up these claims.
- If you are on a low-calorie diet, there are better ways to avoid muscle loss and metabolic slowdown than taking HCG.
- Weight is the most effective strategy. Also, eating lots of protein-rich foods and taking an occasional break from your diet can boost your metabolism.